Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Reflections

Friends,

I hope that everyone has had an amazing week with family!

I know that I probably ate too much, but I did "unplug" from phone and laptop for a few days and it was wonderful not to think too much about things for awhile.

As I reflect on 2013, I know that God has definitely breathed on a ton of things in my life over the past year. On multiple occasions, the power of His presence was alive an well not only in my own life, but in the lives of those to whom I was ministering.

For me personally, there have been 2-3 highlights.
1) July at the Anaheim Vineyard was definitely a life-altering week
2) Discovering that my wife, Corrie was pregnant with twin girls (#4-#5 for us)
3) Baptizing my daughter Ethne Joy

For many who heard me teach in 2013, there were a few highlights as well:
A) The series called "The Cure" was particularly powerful for many. The idea of how Jesus sees us and how we, in turn, view others radically rocked many people.

B) I continually get comments and emails about the "Healthy Sexual Identity" message from this summer. Lots of people found both freedom and growth from this talk.

C) Finally, I've been getting a ton of positive feedback on "Getting the most out of God's voice" in November. Many friends were impacted by this (and I think by the whole series) and are sharing the revelation they received with others.

Overall, I'm super grateful for everything Jesus did through me in 2013. There were countless hours of study, prayer and conversation that made...
*sermons
*chapel teachings
*youth talks
*intern classes
*Discover talks
...and more possible this past year. Special thanks goes out to my assistant De, my intern Kristina, and my family (especially Corrie) for putting up with me through it all.

May the favor of the Father, the grace of Jesus, and the peace of the Spirit fill your life with love in 2014.

Adam

No comments: