Tuesday, April 18, 2006

March 26 - The Power Source

“I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources The Father will give you mighty inner strength through His Holy Spirit.” EPHESIANS 3:16

Promised Help
** JIM CYMBALA “We Christians seldom admit that we don’t know how to pray. Many of us have been taught since childhood how to put sentences together that sound like a prayer, to the point that we are pros at it. Some can turn out an eloquent presentation to God at a moment’s notice. Prayer born of the Spirit, is another dimension of calling on god to the point of having the Holy Spirit supernaturally assist us. This is not a worked-up emotionalism, but a powerful promise of help from God himself.”
** Isaiah 44:3-4 “For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and to moisten your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children. They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a river bank.”
** Luke 11:13 “If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children. How much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him.”

Passion for the Holy Spirit’s Help
** D.L. MOODY “God has a good many children who have just barely got life but no power for service. The Holy Spirit coming upon them with power is distinct and separate from conversion. I believe we should accomplish more in one week than we should in years if we had only the His fresh baptism. A great many think because they have been filled once, they are going to be full for all time after; but O my friends, we are leaky vessels and have to be kept right under the fountain all the time in order to keep full. Let us keep near Him.”
** Jeremiah 29:13 “If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.”
** Hebrews 11:6 “Anyone who wants to come to the Father must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

John Parran's TESTIMONY

No comments: