Monday, February 23, 2015

CARE TEAM RALLY - February 22, 2015

In the Fall of 1997, I was 6 months into my first ministry and I got terribly ill…
   ·      Some details of the illness
   ·      Wiffle ball appendix
   ·      Springfield
   ·      Daily people coming to pray for me
   ·      Sr Pastor came many times …once to give last rights
   ·      Mom read me JAMES… I recovered
   ·      But the people by the bed-side made a huge difference… the body of Jesus taking care of one of it’s own with time, energy and prayer… makes a huge difference

Don’t know exactly why you are here today… marriage, hospital team, or another ministry… but one thing I do know: YOU ARE NEEDED

This may be my last time addressing this group
   ·      Transition
   ·      I want to do a few things today
o   Thank you!
o   Encourage you
o   Share some video stories
o   Turn this over to Mike for the future
o   Celebrate you!

THANKS – hours, time, prayers à you don’t know who’s life has been impacted à look at what’s happened in my life due to the fact that I am still here!

ENCOURAGE – Philippians 2:1-7
   1.     I believe these teams have a unity of heart… let’s not lose that!
   2.     I believe these teams can have a unity of purpose… let’s pursue that!
   3.     I believe these teams will have unity when they model Jesus… let’s stay intimate with Him, so that when we are “squeezed” that’s what comes out!

No comments: