Monday, October 27, 2014

Adam's Tuesday THOUGHT - October 21, 2014

Each week at our Tuesday small group, I am sharing what we're calling Adam's Thought of the Night. We are  looking at the building blocks of the future Bloomington-Normal Campus.

Continue Jesus' Ministry - WEEK #1

This week, we enter into the third "key idea" of our future campus.
•Culture of ________
•Community of ______
Continue Jesus’ Ministry•Commitment to Excellence
•Carriers of the Gospel of Grace


 

The church's mission is not about trying to "hire new employees," it is about taking over the family business.

(1)Jesus starts the family business of the Kingdom.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

(2)Jesus releases us to continue the family business of the Kingdom.

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

(3)The Father helps us continue the family business of the Kingdom
15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.


Key thought: The Father sent Jesus…
Jesus sent the 12, the 72, Paul & others.
NOW, they are sending us!

No comments: