Wednesday, May 08, 2013

MAY 1, 2013 - Talk from High School (Revolution) Worship Service


When I first became a Christian…
  • ·      Tell of what changed in me.
  • ·      What was I seeking that I wasn’t before.
  • ·      Parable of the pearl in the field.
  • ·      God gets incredibly excited when we get hungry for him.
  • ·      Seeking the Kingdom and His Righteousness (Matthew 6:33)


The world does not care that you are pursuing God’s kingdom and Jesus’ righteousness… in fact because we live in 2 Kingdoms you could say, “the world doesn’t like that you are righteous.”     James 5:1-6

As you seek “His Kingdom & His Righteousness,” God’s grace will produce fruit in your life!      James 5:7-12
  • ·      Patience… Words that honor… Endurance… Integrity
  • ·      In my own life, I had to “un-learn” my first 17 years of life. I hungered for the stuff of my life and my desires. Christ in me/Holy Spirit in me began to reshape my destiny.
  • ·      The way I interacted with people.
  • ·      The way I talked to people.
  • ·      The way I cared about who I was at all times.
  • ·      I wasn’t living for me, but for HIM alone.


As you seek “His Kingdom & His Righteousness,” God’s grace will produce fruit in other people’s lives (through you)!
James 5:13-20
  • ·      As we begin to understand our identity… who’s we are vs. who we are… righteous sons and daughters of the King… we walk with new authority.
  • ·      Matt 28 – all authority was given to Jesus & He gave it to us!
  • ·      Christ in You/Holy Spirit through you is powerful.
  • ·      To heal persecution…  To release joy… To heal the body…  To forgive…  To save souls!
  • ·      Your prayers are powerful.”

Activation in large group à unlock your potential
  • we took a few minutes and prayed (for those willing) for Holy Spirit to unlock in each of them the ability to walk in the favor afforded to them.
  • also, to unlock their hunger for "kingdom & righteousness"

Activation in small groups à anoint them with oil
  • sent each small group with a small container of oil
  • anoint and pray for each member for where they are al "healing, joy, forgiveness, lost, etc."

Came back for worship and ministry. Finished with a call for 2 things:
  1. For God to help them with integrity.
  2. For Holy Spirit to release joy in all things.

No comments: