Tuesday, October 16, 2007

BALD PROPHET: Part 6

CHILDLIKE AWE: Hugging Lepers
with Adam Waters
this Sunday October 21, 2007


I'm sorry friends, but I seem to have deleted my file with my sermon notes from last weekend. Here's the thrust of the sermon and the texts that I preached from. If the notes turn up, I'll put them in later this week.

  1. URGENCY is the word of the day. An urgency must be developed in us to hug 21st century lepers.
  2. 2Kings 5 ~ the whole chapter is the story of Elisha healing Naaman and his desperation for healing that eventually turned into a desperation for worshipping the one and only, true God
  3. Mark 1:40-45 ~ Jesus heals a leper who also was desperate/urgent for healing and then became urgent in his sharing of the story of what Jesus did for him
  4. God has power over all disease: cancer, aids, depression, loneliness, fear, anxiety.... all disease.
  5. OUR CALL: Matthew 10: 7 "Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near. 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been a difficult week of identifying my lepers to me, and even "hugging" a few. I have such a protectiveness against people who are different from me, or who do not act or behave the way I think they should. I am really being stretched...