Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ACTS POEMS: Offerings

A ltar calls
C ommunion
T alks from the pastor
S mall & large groups
P rayer
O fferings
E
M
S

ACTS POEMS: Offerings
November 19, 2006


What subject did Jesus talk the most about?
It wasn’t love?
It wasn’t grace?
It wasn’t heaven?
It wasn’t the cross?
It was money!
Though it makes me (and most of you) uncomfortable to talk about, I must. For if Jesus gave it such attention, I should. If I talk to you of love, grace and salvation, then I must be prepared to talk to you of financial stuff.

In the discussion on the elements of worship, it is very hard for most of us to talk about money. It’s even harder for us to call the giving away of money: “worship.” But, it appears in our overarching text for this sermon series from Acts 2.
“shared everything they had… sold their possessions… shared the proceeds… those in need.” ACTS 2:44-45

WHY GIVE AT ALL?
“No Poverty” ACTS 5:34
“On every Lord’s Day, each of you should put aside some amount of money in relation to what you have earned and save it for this offering. Don’t wait until I get there…” ICorinthians 16
“To be blessed” Malachi 3

TITHES “…tithes and offerings due to me.” MALACHI 3:8
Genesis 14 “heart”
Deuteronomy 26 “first”
Matthew 23 “Jesus”
OFFERINGS
Acts 4:34-37 “sell stuff”
Mark 12:41-44 “all”
1Corinthians 9 “special”

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE/DO GIVE. DON'T BE AFRAID TO "Test" GOD IN THIS. LET HIM "Prove" IT TO YOU THAT HE WANTS TO BLESS YOU.
Malachi 3:10-12 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do, I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe. Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight."

No comments: