Monday, April 17, 2006

December 2005: The WHY in Ephesians

Ephesians 6:19-24

WHY COMMUNITY?
Introduction
**A community needs to be life-giving.
**One that strengthens and encourages in the name of Jesus.

Life-giving community strengthens leadership
o Persistent prayer for Christians everywhere (6:18)
o Pray for me (6:19)
o Talk to God about me (6:19)
o Pray for my boldness in sharing the gospel of Jesus (6:19-20)

Life-giving community sends strengtheners
l Tychicus will come (6:21)
l He will share the state of the leadership (6:21-22)
l He will help you in the Lord’s work and will encourage you (6:21-22)

Life-giving community is strengthened by God
l May God give you peace (6:23)
l May He give you love with faith (6:23)
l My he give you grace (6:24)
l All we need to do is love Jesus with everything we have (6:24)

Life-giving community makes strong commitments.
l I commit to having community with God today by taking communion.
l I commit to praying for Adam and our current and future leadership.
l I commit to building up a strong community by joining a tree.
l I commit to supporting the Orchard’s finances.
l I commit to Jesus for the first time.

No comments: